Effective Business Writing
February 21 – 22, 2013 | 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Venue: Alpa City Suites
Hernan Cortes corner F. Cabahug Street, Mandaue City, Cebu
Category: Communication Program
Business report writing is now a staple of our working lives. Reports are often the principal evidence of our work and the means by which our clients and colleagues judge our worth. But are you sure your readers actually read them?
A results-oriented report-writing course
Many people tackle writing a business report in a hurry, without enough planning and with little thought for the reader. This report-writing course will arm you with some simple techniques to radically improve the quality of your reports – and the results you get from them.
- state your report’s objective clearly
- identify and plan a clear report structure
- tell your readers what they need to know
- build rapport with your readers
- get the tone right
- keep readers reading to the end of the report
- make your language flow
- use plain English
- write confidently and authoritatively
- use sentence construction effectively
- ensure your punctuation is logical
- be confident your grammar won’t let you down
- leave your reader with no doubts about your message
Who is going to read your document?
Knowing your reader helps you pitch your message
Apply our principles of good business writing to work you bring with you, with advice from the course presenter
- Layouts for letters – address, contact details, salutation
- Main part of letter – structure, tone, style
- Closures and enclosures – standard forms
- Email etiquette for header fields – subject lines, content, forward and reply
- Technical issues – signature files, attachments and elaborate fonts can work for or against you
- Choosing the right structure for your content and objective
- Email style counts – it still represents your business!
- Sending the right message – what your email could be saying about you
- How to minimize flaming by recognizing ambiguous content and knowing when to use the phone instead
- Organizing your content for easy comprehension
- Some useful techniques for longer documents
- Structuring your report – standard elements and variations
- Checklist for structure – does it support your content?
- Avoiding writer’s block: the mindset for drafting
- Benefits of good minute taking
- Agenda – layout and contents to facilitate minute taking
- Layout and style of minutes
- Preparation to take the stress out
- Recognizing facts from chatter
- Knowing what to include
- A top-down approach to improving text – edit like a reader
- Effective transitions – holding the flow of thought
- Tips to maximize impact
- Polishing your grammar and punctuation – common mistakes and things that make some people go mad
- Spelling – using the tools
- Individual Assessments
- Use of participant manual/worksheets
- Use of a combination of presentation and group activities
- Story telling of real-life situations
- Interactive group discussions
- Challenging the thinking of participants
- Providing input to participants’ real-life situations
Case Studies- Several short case studies will be pre-circulated for participants to read and undertake some directed initial analysis. These will be used to illustrate data analysis techniques and as a basis for group discussions.
“I liked Ms. Flor Glinoga’s training style”
– Oscar P. Yu, Jr, TAGLINE COMMUNICATION, INC.
“Ms. Flor is the Master of the topic.”
– Marissa A. Macasarte, MOTORMATE GROUP OF COMPANIES
“Ms. Flor is very good in presenting the topics. See you next time.”
– Emma Asi, MEDILINK NETWORK, INC.
“Ms. Flor knows the subject well and interacts with the participants. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.”
– Luchie Liscano, DIWA LEARNING SYSTEMS, INC.
“Ms. Flor Glinoga is such a good speaker.”
– Vicky Pamplona, DELSA CHEMICALS & MULTI-PRODUCTS, INC.
“I liked how Ms. Flor presented the topic in a very simple manner which is easy to understand. ”
– Khrist Caballero, TRAINSTATION
“It was a great experience to attend a seminar with an excellent trainer (Ms. Flor) and she was very knowledgeable.”
– Rose S. Sumandal, PRINTING IMAGE CTC. INC.
“I liked the practicality of the topic. Ms. Flor was very effective because she knows her topics. She was very lively.”
– Ynna Mirzi Salazar, JOBS DB PHILIPPINES, INC.
“I liked best the discussion and the speaker (Ms. Flor), I’ve learned a lot from this seminar. It helps a lot and imparted information on us a lot.
– Maridel Rachel Comaya, REFINETTE COSMETIC INDUSTRY
“I liked the workshop well conducted by Ms. Flor. There was a very lively discussion.”
– Joy Santiago, UNIVERSAL ROBINA CORPORATION- BRANDED CONSUMER FOODS GROUP
“Ms. Flor is very knowledgeable on the topic.”
– Mi-lyn Urian, ALBA ROMEO & CO.
“I liked the part where the participants shared their expertise. To Ms. Flor, thank you for sharing your expertise.”
– Maan Talasan, LCG GROUP OF COMPANIES
“It never had a dull moment with Ms. Flor. Great and keep it up!”
– Myk Laguesma, JOBS DB PHILIPPINES, INC
“I like the entire subject discussed. The facilitator – Ms. Flor Glinoga was excellent and I intend to attend another training/seminar from the same resource speaker.”
-Emelina B. Alhambra, ASIAN CENTRE FOR INSULATION PHILIPPINES INCORPORATED
“The relevance of the speaker’s experience is very significant to us being new in the industry. All of Ms. Flor’s examples are practical and not theoretical. Continue these kinds of events it is very helpful to us since
as professionals, we still need to learn.”
– Vonn Ryan B. Ramiro, TELUS INTERNATIONAL PHILIPPINES INCORPORATED
“The facilitator (Ms. Flor) was good. She delivered it very well. As a first timer to attend the SEMINAR it was a great experience. I have learned a lot.”
– Lovely Biaco
“Continue this kind of training program to educate more people and be competitive. Ms. Flor is a great speaker, motivator and well experienced person. All the participants in training are all covered and very good presentation skills.”
– Len Kristian T. Fermin, IBIDEN PHILIPPINES INCORPORATED
Includes AM / PM Snacks, Lunch, Training Materials and a Certificate of Attendance
|Early Bird Rate:||P8,000 (Deadline is on or before February 08, 2013 – Friday)|
For inquiries and registration, kindly email email@example.com. Thank you!