17 Positive Motivational Sales Thoughts and Ideas
By: Carl Henry
Give Your Self A Pep Talk:
Now is the time to think positive. Thoughts are funny things. They jump in and out of our minds, like raindrops, seeming to descend from nowhere only to vanish back into nothing.
But raindrops, like thoughts, hardly ever travel alone. And by looking at many of them, we can tell a great deal about the future. One or two, felt on a hot summer day, might mean nothing more than a sprinkling. If a few more show up, we might start to hope for a refreshing afternoon shower. But if enough of them arrive with speed and force, we know that a storm is coming.
Over time, storms grow into weather patterns that lead to enormous changes in our world. Viewed in this light, raindrops deserve more of our respect. After all, they can turn a dusty, barren wasteland into a thriving mixture of fresh life just by showing up.
Your thoughts are no different. Whatever you want to be – in sales or in life – is going to be dependent on what your thoughts shape you into. If your thoughts are lifeless, if they lack passion and excitement, then your career will be the same. But if they bring you energy and purpose, nourishing and encouraging you, then you can’t help but find your way to the top.
Selling is a mental marathon. No single stride seems that important, but by putting some extra effort into every one of them we out-perform our competition and become rainmakers.
Consider the following seventeen positive thoughts and ideas as your daily warm-up run. Read through them once or twice a day until they become a part of your own way of thinking. You’ll find that once you do, your success is inevitable as a change in the weather.
17 Positive Sales Thoughts and Ideas:
- You have to have fun in sales. You can’t prosper in this job unless you truly enjoy it.
- Set your goal to sell to the highest level of an organization.
- Great salespeople don’t need to be motivated by their managers.
- Stay focused and remembers it’s all in the details.
- You can’t make someone buy from you. You must be in the position to help them when they want to buy.
- Take the time to develop great sales habits early in your sales career.
- Ask your customers intelligent questions and jot them down on a clean sheet of paper.
- Associate with top producers and other successful people. It will accelerate your path to sales success.
- Money is just a by-product of doing what you enjoy. Concentrate on selling and the money will follow.
- Add some body language to your presentations. You’ll seem more energetic and make more sales.
- Hold eye contact and give your customer your full attention. They will reward you by buying something.
- Spend your time finding out who has the power to make a decision before you launch into a presentation.
- Big sales are great, but don’t forget the little ones that keep that cash register ringing.
- Stay away from negative people. I’m pretty positive about that.
- If you fall down, stand up. Keep doing this until you stop falling down.
- People usually believe what others say about you more than they believe what you say about yourself. Encourage others to sell you.
- Prospecting will get customers into your sales funnel. Servicing will keep them buying.
Sales Management Point:
If your thoughts are lifeless, if they lack passion and excitement, then your sales career will be the same. But if they bring you energy and purpose, nourishing and encouraging you, then you can’t help but find your way to the top.
I still believe that success is when opportunity and preparation meet. Your big break my come today, be ready.
About the Author:
Carl Henry is a sales and customer service coach, keynote speaker, and webinar presenter. He is the author of several books on sales, customer service, sales management, presentation skills and hiring top talent. Get Your Mini e-Book (free download) 18 pages. “Are You Recovery Ready” – http://www.carlhenrybooks.com/free-e-book-by-carl-henry/.